Saturday, October 23, 2010

Julia Goes To Work Day


Julia's school had a teacher workday last week so we went in to meet Dan for lunch and for Julia to "tour" the office. She made the rounds to talk to everyone in counsel, and then recieved a gold Corps pin that Dan's boss told her made her an "honorary member of the Corps of Engineers." She took it really seriously and kept saying all day, "I can't believe I'm really a member!" When we got home and she told Ryan he said, "Well how do you make a building, then?"

Despite the semantics of whether or not Julia is a "member," she had a blast and requested that Dan take her to Clyde's in Chinatown. What other four year old knows where she wants to lunch in the city, and a Dad that humors her?

1 comment:

Paul said...

What a joy to read about the kids and their latest adventures. I bet Julia could make a building if she wanted to! Dad