Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother of The Year!

Last Thursday was Julia's "Bring Mom to School" day for a concert and cookies for Mother's Day. The concert was precious!

During our cookie time in the class room, the teacher mentioned for everyone to check out the "Guess the Mom" game on the door. It had sticky notes with things the kids had said about their mothers, and when you lifted the note up it had the child's name under it. I walked over and saw "My mom likes to give me a lot of hugs and kisses." and thought that it was probably Julia who dictated that one. I lifted the note, but it was her friend Peyton. Then I saw, "My mom likes to play Chutes and Ladders with me." and thought that one MUST be Julia, but alas it was Jack. Then I started looking under all of them. I finally found Julia's: "My mom likes to check her email." YIKES!

Guess it's time to cut back on the email! (All 5 minutes per day that I get to check it!).







1 comment:

Paul said...

Dear Beth, "Mother of the Year" is right! xoxo Paul and I hooted at Julia's note of 'praise' for you!

After thinking a moment I guessed that Julia may believe that it's quite a neat and admirable thing to do. You can use the computer all by yourself (a privilege), and find messages from people who love you, and other news. Go techno Mom! xoxo

Still it would be nice to have the loving messages that other Mom's received, but then you get those every day at home! xoxo

Paul said that Julia is a child of the 21st Century, and will be a 'techno kid' in ways that we cannot even contemplate now! He's thinking that Julia may be the president of Google, or beyond! She may be ahead of her classmates on this one, as she wishes that she could imitate her prize-deserving, long-suffering Mom.

Love, Paul and Marty xoxoxo :)