I've always heard how eerie it is to hear your voice and most common themes coming from your children's mouths but it really is spooky when you finally hear it. Julia has a very acute ability to remember everything Dan and I say and recall it at the appropriate time. A few examples for today:
(Julia and I in the car listening to NPR)
Julia: Can I listen to Kids' music now?
Me: No, I'd like to listen to this for a few minutes. We listen to Kids' music all of the time.
Julia: Do you mean "a few MORE minutes" because we've already been listening to this for a few minutes.
(The kids discussion after eating chocolate pudding for dessert)
Julia: Ryan, don't lay on the living room couch, you might have chocolate on you.
Ryan: No I don't.
Julia: You shouldn't lay on that couch and ruin it because that couch is SILK and this is the ONLY room in the whole house that is STILL BEAUTIFUL.
1 comment:
That's hillarious. It reminds me of the story mom told me about how I told the priest to get his elbows off the table when we lived in Virginia.
Post a Comment